Avitus Orthopaedics, Inc. (“Avitus,” “we,” “our”) respects your privacy and we are committed to keeping the information you share with us via our website safe and secure. This policy explains how our website collects and uses information, and it explains how we use and protect that information.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES THE WEBSITE COLLECT?
Avitus collects certain personal information in several ways and from several sources. Specifically, the website collects the following information:
WHAT DOES AVITUS DO WITH THE PERSONAL AND SITE VISIT INFORMATION IT COLLECTS?
- Personal information: You may submit your information to our website, such as your name, email address, and other information. Avitus calls this information “personal information.” If you do not want Avitus to have your personal information, please do not provide it to us.
- Site visit information: The website may passively collect certain information each time you visit our website. This may include information collected from common activity logging technologies. This information includes your browser type, operating system, IP address, device specific data, certain search data, web-history data, and general statistics about your activities on the website.
Avitus doesn’t sell or rent the Personal Information you share with us through our website to third-parties.
CAN I ACCESS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- Our use of your information: We use the Personal and site visit Information you provide to contact you, to provide relevant advertisements, to ensure our website is working properly, and for other purposes that are consistent with the purpose for which you shared your personal information.
- Avitus may share your personal and site visit information with its Partners: Avitus may share your personal and site visit information with certain third-parties to perform functions and provide services to us, including site hosting and maintenance, customer relationship, database storage and management, advertising, and direct marketing campaigns. We call these third-parties our “Partners.” Avitus carefully selects each Partner, and our Partners take your privacy and the security of the information we share with them seriously. In addition, all our Partners have signed contracts with Avitus obligating them to securely store and use your personal information, and to respect your privacy.
- Legal and law enforcement requests: Avitus may also disclose your personal or site visit information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, warrant, or similar legally enforceable request for information.
You can confirm, change or update the personal information you share with Avitus by contacting us at email@example.com.
CAN I CHOOSE TO STOP RECEIVING MARKETING MESSAGES?
Avitus may send you marketing messages, including marketing sent to you by email, about our innovative products, and to alert you to relevant advertisements and opportunities. You can always choose to stop receiving marketing messages by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of an Avitus marketing message, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
CAN CHILDREN USE THE WEBSITE?
Our website, and our products and services are not directed at children under 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 13, and you believe he or she has shared personal information with Avitus, please contact us at email@example.com and ask that the information be removed from Avitus’s systems.
DOES AVITUS TRACK MY ACTIVITY ACROSS OTHER WEBSITES?
At this time, Avitus does not track activity across other websites.
WHAT IF I FOLLOW A LINK TO A THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE?
WHAT IF I LIVE OUTSIDE THE U.S.?
The website is hosted in the United States, and it is intended for use by our American customers. If you are visiting our site from outside the United States, the laws governing the website, and its use and collection of information, may differ from the privacy and information sharing laws of your country. If you decide to continue using the site, or you decide to share personal information with Avitus via this website, you are expressly consenting to the transfer of your data to the United States.
HOW DOES AVITUS PROTECT THE INFORMATION I SHARE WITH IT?
Avitus takes the security of your personal information very seriously. Avitus uses commercially reasonable administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to keep the personal information you share with us secure. Despite these safeguards and our reasonable efforts to secure your information, Avitus cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third-parties won’t be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users who are California residents and who have provided us with “personal information” (as that term is defined in Section 1798.83) to request certain information about the disclosure of that information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you may contact us by writing to: 400 Farmington Ave, R2826, Farmington CT 06032.
Canadian citizens, except under circumstances defined by law, are entitled to access their own personal information collected by Avitus by writing to: 400 Farmington Ave, R2826, Farmington CT 06032. We may ask you to pay an administrative fee for accessing or copying your personal information, but will inform you of the anticipated charges and confirm that you want us to proceed before processing your request. If you believe that the personal information about you that we have collected is incomplete or inaccurate, we will correct the information upon verification of the omission or error and of the identity of the person requesting the change. If you wish to request additional information about our information management, or would like us to access, correct or have us investigate any matters in relation to your personal information, please contact us.
HOW DO I CONTACT AVITUS?